Cosmetic products are appliances that are in wide usage. At the time being, their everyday usage is unavoidable, whether we use them for medicinal or aesthetic purposes. Whatever the case being, cosmetics are a part of our everyday life. Every cosmetic appliance, be it toothpaste, hand crème, body lotion, bathing shampoo, hair regenerators, different kinds of oils, nail polish, shaving balms, perfumes, medical crème, etc. should be safe for use.
In relation to analysis that every manufacturer should conduct and mark it on the product before the aforementioned is presented on the market there are a few that we would set aside as most valuable, which are: the quantitative and qualitative constituencies of the cosmetic appliance, the physical and chemical properties, microbiologic analysis (the presence of bacteria, yeasts, and molds), toxicity, etc. Our analysis is divided into two groups:
1. Group: products meant for child care up to 3 years of age for areas around the eyes and mucous membrane:
- Total enumeration of bacteria, yeasts, and mold.
2. Group: other products.
- Total enumeration of bacteria
- Total enumeration of yeasts and mold
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Escherichia coli
- Candida albicans
- Molecular metagenomic analysis